photo home_zpsd08cd69f.png photo aboutme_zps8d12def5.png photo uni_zps0be54185.png photo birthstories_zpsb81f1a24.png photo askme_zps0f6fd888.png photo beloved_zps4a1f3a45.png

Friday 8 August 2014

Welcome to The Midwife Diaries!!

After a long hard slog over the last year with full time work, evening college lessons, University entrance exams, interviews and a very worn out refresh button on my UCAS Account – I am FINALLY about to start University! In 6 weeks!
I’m such a mixture of emotions at the moment, excited, petrified and in complete disbelief that I actually managed to get myself here. 
So now this blog will be my baby, excuse the pun! I’m going to try and keep it updated regularly with lots of info in the different pages so take a look!


Here I’ll be telling all (within the realms of the NMC code of conduct of course..*) about what its really like being a student midwife at University in one of the most amazing and diverse cities in the world, the ups, the downs, but mainly I predict that I’ll just be moaning about how tired I am. Definitely worth a read – ha!


 

I’m really looking forward to building this page, a collection of birth stories from Mother’s I know and Mother’s that I’ll meet along the way. If you would like send me your birth story or have a chat with me and I can write it for you - just get in touch on the ‘ask me’ page!


 

This does what it says on the tin. Click the button and ask me anything…about uni, about your pregnancy, your birth, anything! I promise I’ll answer every question and research as much as possible. I’ll consult my lecturers when I don’t know the answer and get you an response asap :)


 


If you want to know anything non-midwife related about me (you nosey parker) this is my blog-in-progress about all things beloved by moi!





It’s been a rollercoaster of a year (jeez I can’t believe it’s only been a year…less even!) but it will all (very soon!) be worth it….

You know The Little Mermaid? Incidentally my favourite Disney animation except for the Lion King but that goes without saying for everyone surely?.. Anyway I digress… So my favourite part of that film, when she sings the reprise and gets all sexy on the rock, THAT’S how I feel. I’ve been singing it in my head for weeks now. I just know something amazing is starting in my life and I’m SO looking forward to the next chapter…. *waves crash* 

 
*Any views expressed on this blog are purely my own and of course I will never share information or birth stories about my clients without permission. All Birth Stories are written by or with the consent of the Mothers in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment